Our recent clients
Market-leading Power BI security
Influential is a Microsoft Gold Partner with 30 years of BI and data security expertise. From giants like Harrods and Macmillan to small local businesses, hundreds of clients benefit from our security services.
Here’s what to expect from our Power BI data security solutions:
Holistic data protection
Protection that works wherever you are, inside and outside your business.
Agile threat response
Respond faster with agile monitoring, reporting, and governance.
Combine access security, information protection, and endpoint management.
Work with data security experts trusted by clients like New Day and the C of E.
See all the Power BI security services we provide
Trusted Power BI data security solutions
Based on learnings from dozens of successful projects, our security solutions are designed to solve your key challenges.
From proactive threat monitoring to in-depth security reviews, we’ll identify any issues and provide actionable recommendations and support.
Control who can connect to Power BI, how, and from where
Manage how Power BI data is stored, encrypted, and controlled
Protect sensitive data and ensure it doesn’t leak outside
React quickly to suspicious activity within Power BI
Power BI data protection solutions
To help you achieve data security in Power BI, we'll assist in setting up:
- Microsoft Information Protection sensitivity labels
- governance policies to protect exported content
- Cloud App Security for real-time monitoring
- data protection reports and security investigations
Power BI security reviews
To give you the confidence to use Power BI without security concerns, we'll review:
- row-level security (RLS) roles and rules
- strength and scalability of your security model
- security risks that may emerge in future
- how to share reports securely with third parties
- use of services like Private Link and Virtual Network
Power BI compliance audits
Whatever your industry or location, we can run an in-depth audit relating to:
- data classification and accountability
- on-premise compliance with Power BI
- compliance and residency requirements
- sensitive data oversight with Bring Your Own Key
- finance, insurance, and government standards
Why choose Influential for Power BI
Influential is a Microsoft Gold Partner with a team of Cyber Essentials-certified BI professionals. For the past 30 years we’ve served major clients in regulated industries such as banking, government, and insurance.
We’re proud of the fact that our developers regularly win awards for the quality of their code.
30 years in data security
80 in-house IT experts
Work on-site or remotely
Microsoft Gold Partner
London and Kent offices
FAQ about data security in Power BI
How can I know that Power BI is a secure platform?
Power BI rests on the foundation of Microsoft 365, which builds on Azure services such as Azure Active Directory.
Azure’s security, privacy, and compliance protections are used by 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies. So you’re in good company.
Is Power BI Premium more secure than Power BI Pro?
Power BI uses back-end clusters that are independent from the regular Power BI back-end. This allows for more options in terms of security isolation.
How can I implement the right Power BI security for my business?
Unless you have in-house BI security expertise, it’s best to find a team of Power BI professionals. A good provider of Power BI security services will base any recommendations on a thorough security review.
Empower your business with Power BI
Get in touch to receive answers from a Power BI expert about:
- your potential Power BI security risks
- the best practices of Power BI security
- the latest Power BI security features
Complete the contact form to start your data-driven transformation.